Curator Maria Kuptsova | Scientific adviser Natalya Malkova
16 . 22 . co2
Development of interaction systems
anthropological and biological agents and actors
The project proposes the development of a bio-technological apparatus that provides a way of communication between humans and the environment, using mycelium as a biological sensor to read data. The received data is interpreted through technological and digital systems for representation in the form of auditory signals.
A general artistic expression is revealed within the system of interaction between a person and a bio-technological apparatus through the exchange of CO2. The viewer becomes an equal actor of a work of art, participating in the direct system of communication with a biological actor.
16 . 22. co2
Immersive digital performance
In a panned scene in time-lapse mode, mycelium growth was captured,
placed inside the flask
Mycelium growth over a period of 30 days in an agar-oatmeal medium
- Evgeny Lukuta, for active participation, assistance in implementation, and support at all stages of the project.
- Maria Kuptsova, for supervising and directing the project in the right direction.
- Natalya Malkova, for supervising the theoretical part.
- Andrey Chugunov, Maxim Fadeev, Boris Shershenkov for technical and sound advice.
- Konstantin Kravtsov, for providing the site, for filming photo and video documentation.
- Alexander Kagansky, for reviewing and promoting / popularizing the project in the exhibition spaces of the countries of the world.
- Anastasia Egorova, Ekaterina Frolova, Timofey Gorbatenko, Andrey Chugunov, Olesya Ilyenok, Yulia Kozhurina, Marina Muzyka for the components provided in difficult quarantine times, consultations, and everyone who provided support and somehow influenced the development of the project.
© 2020 LUKUTA.ART